Saturday, May 29, 2021

Bob Dylan – "Maggie's Farm" (1965)


She’s 68

But she says she’s 54


My 69th birthday is tomorrow, so this is my last chance to feature “Maggie’s Farm.”


Like Maggie, I’m 68.  Unlike Maggie, I don’t claim to be 54.  (The last time I claimed to be 54 was in 2006-2007, when I really was 54.)


*     *     *     *     *


“Maggie’s Farm” was released in 1965 on Bob Dylan’s fifth studio album, Bringing It All Back Home:  


It included several of Dylan’s best songs, including “Subterranean Homesick Blues,” “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue,” and “It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)” – which may rank second to only “Like a Rolling Stone” in the Dylan oeuvre.  (“Tambourine Man” is really lame, but no one’s perfect.)


Click here to listen to “Maggie’s Farm.”

Click on the link below to buy the song from Amazon: 

No comments:

Post a Comment