I want you smothered
Want you covered
Like my Waffle House hash browns
As you know if you read the most recent 2 or 3 lines, I dreamed last week that we had a question about songs with the word “dog” in their titles at our last trivia contest. That post listed ten dog songs (including “Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley and “I Wanna Be Your Dog” by the Stooges), ten songs with “cat” in their titles (like “What’s New Pussycat” by Tom Jones and “Honky Cat” by Elton John), and ten songs whose titles mentioned animals other than dogs or cats (including “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane and “Free Bird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd).
Today, I’m going to give you my list of the best 25 recording artists with an animal in their name. Here goes:
1. Adam Ant
2. Animals
3. Beastie Boys
4. Bloodhound Gang
![]() |
| The Bloodhound Gang |
5. Blue Öyster Cult
6. Buffalo Springfield
7. Byrds
8. Country Joe and the Fish
9. Crazy Horse
10. Danger Mouse
11. Eagles
12. Eagles of Death Metal
13. Echo & the Bunnymen
14. Great White
15. Iron Butterfly
16. Modest Mouse
17. Monkees
18. Snoop Dogg
19. Steppenwolf
20. T Rex
21. Three Dog Night
22. Toad the Wet Sprocket
23. Toadies
24. Turtles
25. Yardbirds
Use the comment form to the right if you think I left out anyone who deserves to be on that list. (I didn’t.)
* * * * *
I can’t resist the opportunity too feature the Bloodhound Gang’s “The Bad Touch” whenever I can. Like this guy, I can’t believe the lyrics:
![]() |
Click here to watch the official music video for “The Bad Touch.” (It’s been viewed over HALF A BILLION times on YouTube.)
Click here to buy “The Bad Touch” from Amazon.


No comments:
Post a Comment