Friday, September 18, 2020

Bad Company – "Bad Company" (1974)


Bad company
Till the day I die

Here are a few of the comments that have been posted on the YouTube page where I went to listen to today’s featured song:

“This makes me want to shoot arrows through people to awaken their fighting spirit.”

“This song reminds me of an older brother that I never had.”

“Tim McVeigh was listening to this song as he lit the fuse for the Oklahoma City bombing.”

“Our son competed in bodybuilding to this song and won a trophy.  Thanks, Bad Company – great posing music!”


“The first eight-track tape I ever bought – along with a $15 eight-track player – in 1976, at the flea market held every Saturday at the drive-in theater in Standale, Michigan.  My older cousin, who I looked up to, gave me a nod of approval when he saw my selection.”

And last but not least:

“My next door neighbors listened to this all the time . . . whether they wanted to or not!”

*     *     *     *     *

Today’s featured song – “Bad Company” – was released on Bad Company’s debut album, Bad Company, in 1974.

It’s not unusual for an album to be named after the band that recorded it.  And it’s not unusual for an album and one track on that album to share the same title.


But it’s very unusual for a song, an album, and the band that recorded the album to all have the same name.  In fact, I can’t think of another example of that kind of trifecta.

*     *     *     *     *

That’s pretty much all I’ve got for you today.  See you next time!

*     *     *     *     *

Click here to listen to Bad Company’s “Bad Company,” which is the first track on side two of the Bad Company album.

Click on the link below to buy the song from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment