Friday, May 22, 2020

Michel Pagliaro – "Some Sing, Some Dance" (1971)


Now that I know you could be untrue
Now that I know I could hold you
Well, I do  . . . need to hold you

In the last 2 or 3 lines, I told you about a letter to “Ask Amy” – a syndicated newspaper advice column – that I recently read. 

Here’s another recent “Ask Amy” inquiry:

Dear Amy: 

I was dating a 45-year-old man.  He was married for 20 years, had been legally separated for four years and divorced now for six months.

He seems to think it is normal for him and his ex-wife to sleep together naked when they visit each other, which they do almost every month.  He told me that my objections reflected my narrow American view, and he said their relationship was not sexual.

He is Canadian.

Sexy Canadian dude
Call me crazy, but that just did not seem to be normal behavior, regardless of cultural differences.

Your thoughts?

Not Crazy?

Here’s Amy’s response:

Dear Not Crazy: 

Your guy was accusing you of “narrow American values.”  So let’s say he’s telling the truth.  Perhaps he really is merely resting his eyes while naked.  Whatever they are up to, I would say it’s highly irregular.

This dude may have been Canadian, but regardless of his nationality (or his religion, or his occupation, or the color of his hair – assuming he still has his hair) he is first and foremost a male.  Given that, I can guaran-damn-tee you that he was not “merely resting his eyes.”

*     *     *     *     *

Amy seems to have overlooked the elephant in the room, which was how in the hell did “Not Crazy” find out that the Canadian dude was sleeping naked with his ex-wife?

Even sexier Canadian dude
It’s possible that she followed him, peeked in the bedroom window, and caught them in flagrante delicto.  But I doubt it.  

My guess is that our Canadian friend up and told her what he was doing with his ex. 

In which case, he might actually be telling the truth.  (Otherwise, he would surely have kept his big Canadian piehole shut.)

*     *     *     *     *

Michel Pagliaro – his full name is Michel Armand Guy Pagliaro – was a sexy beast back in the day:


Today, not so much:


“Some Sing, Some Dance” – parts of which sound exactly like an early Lennon-McCartney song – was a hit for Pagliaro in 1971.  I first heard it in the summer of 1980 on Steven Lorber’s “Mystic Eyes” radio show.

Click here to listen to “Some Sing, Some Dance.”

Click on the link below to buy the song from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment