Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Primal Scream – "Burning Wheel" (1997)


I'm anesthetized 
I'm demonized
Caught in the vortex

(I know exactly how that dude feels!)


"Burning Wheel" became my favorite song in the whole world about ten minutes ago.


"Burning Wheel" doesn't have anything to do with rocks, but I'm not going to let that stop me from filling up this post with pictures of rocks.


In case you're wondering, half of these pictures were taken in Acadia National Park in Maine, while the other half were taken in the Wildcat Park chert glades just outside Joplin, Missouri.  


Do I know which are which?  No, I don't.   (Any more stupid questions?)


"Burning Wheel" was released on Primal Scream's 1997 album, Vanishing Point.  The group's lead singer, Bobby Gillespie, has described the album as "an anarcho-syndicalist speed-freak road-movie record."  


That makes sense because the album was inspired by the 1971 movie of the same name, which can fairly be described as an anarcho-syndicalist speed-freak road movie.  


You can click here to read a 2 or 3 lines post that featured another song from the Vanishing Point album and discussed the Vanishing Point movie in considerable detail.


Here's "Burning Wheel":



Click below to buy the song from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment