Friday, February 2, 2024

Amyl and the Sniffers – "Guided by Angels" (2021)


Guided by angels

But they’re not heavenly


Amy Taylor is the lead singer of Amyl and the Sniffers, an Australian punk rock band.  She may not be an angel, but she’s certainly heavenly. 


I heard “Guided by Angels” recently on Drew Carey’s Sirius/XM “Friday Night Freakout” – which I think is by far the most interesting three hours of radio anywhere. 


Amy Taylor of Amyl and the Sniffers

“Guided by Angels” is like nothing I’ve ever heard.  I’m tempted to feature it in every one of this year’s “29 Posts in 29 Days,” our annual every-fourth-February blogging extravaganza.  (In non-leap year Februarys, of course, it’s “28 Posts in 28 Days.”)


Mae West once said that “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.”  But most of you would probably think that twelve consecutive posts about “Guided by Angels” wasn’t so wonderful.


*     *     *     *     *


“Wait just one cotton-pickin’ minute,” I hear you say.  “What’s this about twelve posts?  I thought you were doing 29 posts in February – not twelve.”  


As loyal readers of 2 or 3 lines know, I do twelve posts in February.  “29 Posts in 29 Days” is just the title I give to those posts – it’s not intended to imply that you’re going to get 29 posts this month.  (I am far too busy to generate 29 posts in a mere 29 days!)


I’d frankly prefer not to get into where Amyl and the Sniffers got their name.  But if you insist on knowing, you can click here to read all about it.


*     *     *     *     *


Click here to watch the official music video for “Guided by Angels.”



No comments:

Post a Comment