Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Public Image Ltd – "Rise" (1986)


I could be wrong

I could be right


Last year, I gave a shout-out to the anonymous 2or3lines staffer who gets up early to write inspirational messages on the bike trail I ride most Saturdays.


On the Paint Branch Trail
in College Park, MD

That dedicated employee is still at it.  Here are a few of the messages he or she left on the trail last week.  (I say “he or she,” but I’m guessing it’s a “she” because 2or3lines has attracted a number of unusually devoted female staffers. )


(Very true.  We do 💜 bikes!)


(I may not show up for you, but I will always show up for me!)


(Like Maino, I go hard forever.  That’s just how I’m designed!)


(I second that emotion!  I am pretty f*cking amazing!)


*     *     *     *     * 


John Lydon – also known as Johnny Rotten – is best known as the lead singer of the Sex Pistols.  He formed Public Image Ltd after the Sex Pistols broke up in 1978. 


Public Image Ltd released “Rise” on its Album album in 1986.  


Click here to listen to “Rise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment