Monday, November 1, 2021

Red Hot Chili Peppers – "My Friends" (1995)


My friends are so distressed

And standing on the brink of emptiness


Can you believe it?  2 or 3 lines is TWELVE YEARS OLD today!


They say time flies when you’re having fun.  And they are right, aren’t they?  Because it feels like those twelve years have flown by.


Of course, each anniversary of my wildly popular little blog is a good news-bad news thing because every 2 or 3 lines anniversary brings us closer to the end of 2 or 3 lines.   


Think about it.  Every 2 or 3 lines anniversary brings us closer to the end of me, right?  And make no mistake about it – without me, 2 or 3 lines is nothing.


To paraphrase Louis XIV, “Le 2 or 3 lines, c’est moi!”


*     *     *     *     *


I know that all you loyal 2 or 3 lines fans “are so distressed and standing on the brink of emptiness” thinking about that awful day when 2 or 3 lines is no more – which explains why I chose the lines from today’s featured song that are quoted at the beginning of this post.  


Please know that I am doing everything I can to put off my personal end of days.  I always buckle my seat belt before driving my car – especially if I’ve been drinking – and I get a colonoscopy every five years whether I need one or not. 


I’ve reserved a cryogenic tank three 

down from Ted Williams’ cryogenic tank

Of course, taking precautions like those will only keep the Grim Reaper away from the door for so long.  So I’ve arranged for my brain to be cryogenically frozen post mortem transplanted into a donor body when science has advanced to the point of making such a resurrection possible.  (I’m thinking I’ll pay the extra charge for getting my brain transplanted into a young female body – that sounds like it would be fun!) 


I can’t wait to meet Ted Williams!


*     *     *     *     *


Some say that the number “13” is unlucky.  I think not . . . and neither will you once you’ve seen the many, many wonderful surprises that 2 or 3 lines has in store for you in the upcoming year!


We’ll kick off the year with a multi-post interview of . . . wait for it . . . ME!


That interview will be conducted by . . . yes, you guessed it . . . ME!


Yours truly is certainly the most interesting man in the world as far as yours truly is concerned.  And who better to interview yours truly than . . . YOURS TRULY!


*     *     *     *     *


Click here to listen to today’s featured record, which was released on the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ 1995 album, One Hot Minute.   (I have to admit that it is a pretty girly song.  So be it.)


Click on the link below to buy the song from Amazon:


No comments:

Post a Comment