Friday, June 5, 2020

Bon Jovi – "Wanted Dead or Alive" (1987)


I’m standing tall
I’ve seen a million faces
And I’ve rocked them all

You might think that Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora were thinking about 2 or 3 lines when they wrote the lyrics to “Wanted Dead and Alive.”


After all, I’m certainly standing tall – six feet, one-and-a-half inches tall to be exact.  (I used to be closer to six feet three, but I’ve shrunk a little over the years.)

And as of today, 2 or 3 lines has been viewed almost 1.1 million times – so while 2 or 3 lines may not have literally seen a million faces, a million-plus faces have seen 2 or 3 lines.

Finally, has 2 or 3 lines “rocked them all”?  The question answers itself, boys and girls.

*     *     *     *     *

Bon Jovi and Sambora wrote today’s featured song in 1987 – over two decades prior to the birth of 2 or 3 lines – so they definitely weren’t thinking about this blog when they penned the lines quoted above.

What were they thinking about?  I don’t know about Bon Jovi, but I’d bet you dollars to doughnuts that Sambora was thinking about Heather Locklear, who would become his wife in 1994.  (Sure, she was married to Tommy Lee in ’87, but you can’t wait until the last minute.)

Heather Locklear
Yes, that photo is completely gratuitous.  But the most viewed 2 or 3 lines post ever features a picture of the late rock star Ric Ocasek’s wife, Paulina Poriskova.  (If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.)

*     *     *     *     *

2 or 3 lines celebrated the tenth anniversary of its very first post last November.  

That means we’re a little over halfway through the first year of the second decade of 2 or 3 lines – tempus fugit, don’t you know!

I pledged at the beginning of this very special year that 2 or 3 lines would steer clear of the usual nonsense this year and focus on the music.  And that is exactly what I’ve done.

There’s been a lot of stuff in 2 or 3 lines about 2 or 3 lines, of course – after all, that’s what makes my wildly successful little blog so special.

Overall, I feel like 2 or 3 lines is KILLING it this year.  Don’t you agree?

*     *     *     *     *

I’ve taken it on myself to introduce my grandchildren to 2 or 3 lines-worthy music at a very young age.

I’ve written about teaching my grandson Jack (who turns 4 next month) the chorus to the Spiral Staircase classic, “More Today Than Yesterday.”

Here are a couple of videos of Jack singing that song to his little brother just over a year ago:



*     *     *     *     *

I was driving with my grandson Sully recently when today’s featured song came on the radio, and I decided that it was high time Sully (who is 2 1/2) learned to sing for his supper as well.

He quickly picked up the first line of the chorus – “I’m a cowboy” – and when I visit him next week, we’ll work on the next lines.

Sully is a pretty quick study, so I expect to have a video of him belting out “Wanted Dead or Alive” toot sweet.

*     *     *     *     *

Until then, click here to watch the official music video for “Wanted Dead or Alive.”  It’s a remarkably self-absorbed and self-glorifying piece of work, which makes it just perfect for 2 or 3 lines.

The Official Street of 2 or 3 Lines
Click below to buy the song on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment