Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stooges – "I Wanna Be Your Dog" (1969)


I'll lay right down in my favorite place 
Now I wanna be your dog

Any dog with half a brain would kill for the chance to be my dog.  It’s one sweet gig.  

As the following pictures of Lily (my dog) and Remy (my granddog) demonstrate, being my dog involves a lot of laying [sic] right down in your favorite place.






But it's not all lying around – not by a long shot.  There's begging for food, too:


* * * * *

“I Wanna Be Your Dog” is a relentless record.  I can’t imagine how you could improve on it – it’s perfectly conceived and perfectly executed.

Has there ever been a better riff in a rock song than the G-F-E chord sequence that is the foundation of “I Wanna Be Your Dog”?

Even you could have handled the piano part, which consists of the same note played over and over.  

Click here to see the scene from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels that utilizes “I Wanna Be Your Dog.”

Here’s “I Wanna Be Your Dog”:


Click below to buy the song from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment