Friday, January 23, 2015

Atmosphere – "Bad Bad Daddy" (2011)


Daddy's too high
If I drive
I will probably catch a DUI

Today, an old friend of mine posted a link to an article titled "Your Child Is Acting Like An Asshole And It's Your Fault" on Facebook.

That article was a bit of a disappointment given how great the headline was.  Click here if you'd like to read it anyway.

I'm not sure that a child's misbehavior should always be blamed on his or parents.  But there are plenty of bad mommies and daddies out there, boys and girls.  Especially daddies.  (According to mommies, that is.)

A book about a bad, bad daddy
The singer of today's song is certainly a bad daddy.  After all, if he were a good daddy, would he take his children to a bar?

Sittin at the bar just minding my biz
I came down with all nine of my kids

And when good daddies do take their children to bars, they don't say this: 

Here, play with this pitcher of beer

The "Bad Bad Daddy" singer's nine kids are a handful:

Of course they start with the horseplay
And then it escalates . . .
Playin' with switchblades and matches
Pick pocketin' the cash and the plastic
Gettin' high out back by the trashcans
Tryin' to get the waitress to give a lap dance
That's a bad, bad daddy
It's no surprise when the bar's other patrons ask this question:

What the f*ck's wrong with all of your kids?

There's only one thing for a dad to do:

I can't control 'em
So I pretend I don't know 'em
Now let me celebrate and get drunk
'Cause my wife missed her period again this month

Atmosphere is a hip-hop group consisting of rapper Sean "Slug" Daley and DJ/producer Anthony "Ant" Davis.

Ant and Slug (Atmosphere)
"Slug" and "Ant" got together in Minneapolis in 1989, and the rest is history.  "Bad Bad Daddy" was released on Atmosphere's 2011 album, The Family Sign.

Here's "Bad Bad Daddy":



Click below to buy the song from Amazon:




No comments:

Post a Comment