Friday, August 31, 2018

Who – "Bargain" (1971)


I’d call that a bargain
The best I ever had

Some people were born under a bad sign.

Not me, boys and girls.  I’m a pretty lucky man – as my trip to France last month proves.

I had no idea when I scheduled that trip that just about every store in the whole damn country would be having a sale during my visit.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw all the “SOLDES!” signs.  (For you hoi polloi who have trouble just handling English – you know who you are! – that’s Frenchy talk for “SALE!”)  Pretty much everything in France was being sold at a discount. 

I’m talking 20% off, 30% off – even 40%, 50%, or 60% off.  Here a bargain, there a bargain, everywhere a bargain!

As the old saying goes, pictures speak louder than words – so here are some pictures that prove my point:













(You believe me now?  Or would you like to put your hand into my wound, you doubting Thomas?)

*     *     *     *     *

“Bargain” is the second track on Who’s Next, the Who’s best-selling album.

Click here to listen to “Bargain.”

Click on the link below to order the song from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment