Thursday, December 25, 2014

Size 14 – "Claire Danes Poster" (1997)


I'm gonna pick up some beer
And stay at home
And stare at my Claire Danes poster 

All I really want for Christmas is a Claire Danes poster.  Is that what you're hoping for as well?

Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison
I have a serious crush on Claire Danes, who plays the smart, intense, and bipolar CIA agent Carrie Mathison on the Homeland TV series.  Right now, Carrie is number one (with a bullet) on my top-40 list of television-character crushes.  

I don't understand why it should be that Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison has the power to hypnotize me.  But aren't crushes inherently irrational and inexplicable?

Claire Danes (age 15) in "My So-Called Life"
I'd like a poster of Claire Danes at any age, and regardless of her hair color.  I'd like posters of her without makeup, or talking on her cell phone as she's coming home from her workout, or walking her dog, or pregnant:





I'd like a poster of her looking like this:


Or like this:


Or like this:


And while you're shopping for Claire Danes posters for me, you can pick up one of these:


Size 14's one eponymous album was released in 1997.  


"Claire Danes Poster," the most popular track on that album, was on the soundtrack of Dude, Where's My Car? – which is inarguably one of the worst movies ever made.  (One fairly typical review of the movie was headlined "Dude, Your Movie Sucks.") 

Here's "Claire Danes Poster":



Click below to buy the song from Amazon:



Merry Christmas to all from all the gang at 2 or 3 lines!


2 comments:

  1. This post about a poster is a beauty! S420

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2or3lines loves all its 420-friendly readers!

      Delete