Sunday, July 27, 2014

Jack White -- "Entitlement" (2014)


I'm tired
Of being told
What to do

I second that emotion, Jack White.  All of you people need to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

I mind my own business -- I really do -- but very few of you conduct yourself in the  exemplary manner that I do.

It's bad enough that you don't want me to let me do what I want to do.  But it's even worse that you think you have the right to make me do what you want me to do:

Somebody took away my God-given right
I guess God must have gave it to you
  
Jack White is all over 2 or 3 lines.  So far, we've featured ten songs by the White Stripes, a song by the Raconteurs, a Jack White/Loretta Lynn duet, and a song from White's first solo album.  (Somehow we've overlooked Dead Weather, a latter-day supergroup that White formed in 2009.)


White released a solo album titled Lazaretto last month.  I was shocked to find it available on Freegal (which is a free music download service offered by many public libraries) and immediately downloaded it.

I haven't listened to it enough to have an opinion as to whether it's good or not.  After I downloaded Lazaretto, I remembered that I had White's previous album, Blunderbuss, which I had never listened to.  So I've been listening to Blunderbuss a lot recently.  

Lazaretto debuted at #1 on the Billboard album chart and sold 138,000 copies in its first week of release.  About 40,000 of those copies were vinyl LPs, and that set a record for first-week sales.

Jack White

I was very pleased to receive a copy of the Lazaretto "Ultra LP" as a gift.  There are a few things about that LP that are quite unusual:

-- It has two vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels.
-- It has a hidden track that plays at 78 RPM and one that plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record.
-- Side one of the LP plays from the inside out.
-- The "Just One Drink" track features something called "dual-groove technology": it plays either an electric or acoustic intro for depending on where needle is dropped.  (The grooves merge into one for the body of the song.)
-- There's a matte finish on side two, giving it the appearance of an unplayed 78 RPM record.
-- Both sides end with locked grooves.  (A locked groove is a continuous loop of music the length of one full rotation of the record.  Locked grooves can be silent but are usually used to repeat a second or two of music until you pick up the needle.)
-- The LP's vinyl is pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format.
-- The "dead wax" area on side one contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
In this video, Jack White and some bozo in a black shirt and yellow tie talk about the LP . . . and talk . . . and then talk some more.


That sh*t cray!

The following is presented as a public service to any of you ladies who have set your cap for Jack White:

“I’ve always felt it’s ridiculous to say, of any of the females in my life: You’re my friend, you’re my wife, you’re my girlfriend, you’re my co-worker,” he said.  "This is your box, and you’re not allowed to stray outside of it," he said, before weighing in with his thoughts on monogamy: “I gave that up a long time ago. Those rules don’t apply anymore.”

It's other words, Jack White is tired of being told what to do when it comes to women!

Here's "Entitlement":



Click below to buy the song from Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment